April 7, 2012

Getting Started

I hate forgetting details. I was terrible about keeping a record throughout my pregnancy and I don't want to have regrets once our little girl arrives. The past nine months have been a whirlwind of emotions and preparation for this child. Not to mention the 3+ months of "morning" sickness, a visit to the ER, quitting my job, discovering that we're having a GIRL (definite shock to us), minor renovations done to our home, gaining more weight than I thought possible, participating in pre-wedding celebrations, birthing classes, traveling both together and separately ...and so much more. It's been a little crazy.

"Are you ready?" I get that question on a daily basis it seems. I wish there was a way to appropriately answer that wouldn't make me seem anxious, scared, miserable, or overly excited/prepared. I don't think anyone can truly be "ready" for a baby. I'm confident that I can keep our daughter alive. I've been around babies most of my life and feel very comfortable caring for them; however, I have never been the one calling the shots, being the 24-7 caregiver, supplier of food, one who is responsible for doctor visits, rearing, and the whole life of being a MOM. You go to the hospital as two people and come back as three. No transition. Sure, the nursery is ready, the clothes are washed and put away, diapers and supplies are on hand. The house is still quiet. I'm not fearing birth, in fact, I'm pretty excited about that part. But ready? I'm just taking each day as it comes.

If I've talked to you in the past month, I've vocalized the readiness of not being pregnant anymore. Fact: I do not like being preggo. The highlights of course are feeling your child wiggle and move inside, which is incredible. The way God designed our bodies amazes me. I feel privileged to have such a close connection with his creation. On a different note, I was not prepared for the sleepless nights, back aches, constant hunger, body swelling, extreme fatigue, and all the other "joys" of pregnancy. Ladies out there who love being pregnant, you're crazy. That's all I'm going to say. I know it's worth it and I know I will go through it again, I'm just trying to be honest here.

Am I ready to meet our sweet girl: YES! I lose sleep over the excitement I have to see her face, know her quirks, to talk and play with her, and most exciting of all, to see how she makes us a family. I'm so excited to be a parent to her with Tommy. Y'all, he's going to be a great dad. I get sad sometimes thinking about our last days as just the two of us, in our comfort zone with our routine and freedom. Bringing this little child in our lives is going to rock our world, but we are so ready for it. We're ready to know this little human growing inside me and ready to let her reshape our everyday. The Lord is doing big things through her already.

I'm going to TRY to keep this blog updated with our final preparations and then of course, an update of her life once she's born. Please pray for us as we embark on this crazy journey of parenthood. We're going to need it!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I hated pregnancy too! I can't believe there are women who actually love it!
    Can't wait to meet your baby girl, she is going to be wonderful! :)

    Oh and P.S. you will be a wonderful Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoy your insightfull and wise candor Moriah. As your Daddy, I am very proud of both of you and have complete confidence that you will be remarkable parents...
    I have known you would be an amazing Mommy for a long time just observing you with other children.
    I'm look forward to meeting Estelle June Evans and being her Poppsy. A new chapter for us all filled with all the mystery and wonder of life. I love all three of you profoundly.... "Oh the places you'll go!" xo

    ReplyDelete